Blogs
Weblogs News

Membership
Register
(It's free!)
Watched Topics
Edit Your Profile

Was It Worth It

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home -> Forums -> Other Poetry -> Was It Worth It
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tork
Young Dreamer

votes: 2

PostPosted: Wednesday, 05 May 2010, 10:50 AM    Post subject: Was It Worth It Reply with quote

I sat here Friday and Saturday, spending Quiet time with my wife,

We talked for hours and hours, about this and that

I sat there and listened intently and decided to hear what was being said.

I heard what you said , you said that you loved me and you were sorry for the last 9 months.

I heard when you told me how stressed your job made you and how tough it was for you.

I sit here now days later and say , "Was it Worth it?"

I sat here countless days and cried over You, And How I treated you.

I gave up trying to reach for you, My friends and family tell me you were and are not worth it.

I endured a heart attack all by myself and 2 additional surgeries to a failed knee reconstruction.

I dealt with the pain and the bills and the stress it all caused, Where were you? certainly not here.

And I ask myself "Was it all worth it?"

It has been 4 days since We last talked, You texted me Monday, to me you were sick.

I texted you each and every night and day to wish you a good night and a good morning.

Did you return my texts, Not once, It wasn't to control you or to complicate your day.

Life is a two way street, And we are on opposite sides, Your car broke down and I paid to have it fixed.

I repaired your computer, with a power supply that I bought for my computer.

I ask my self was it worth it?

You said you loved me , that you wanted to work on us. I told you what I wanted in return.

I did not ask for much of you, to cancel a divorce and to return home, No pressure.

I am hurt once again , I let this happen I had faith in your words and trusted you.

It had been difficult, to say the least, Broken promises and broken vows.

When Do you take Responsibilty for your actions? And ask yourself" Was it worth it?"

You said you would come next weekend, because you said you had a great time with me.

we went for a drive and some shopping, shared dinner out.

No argueing or stress, I tried to show you that it wasnt all about me.

Would it had mattered if it was? I took you at your word and I deserved the abuse>

I ask My Self Now "Was It Worth It ?"

Janice J Kennedy

PostPosted: Wednesday, 05 May 2010, 12:31 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Kevin,

That is a question that only you have the answer to. You need to pray about it, and search deep within your heart. You will find the answer, there for yourself. I am still praying for you. I know that Father God, will give you the answer you seek. He will give it in His time. I love and pray for you, my friend.

Hugs Jan Sad Pray Pray Pray Pray Pray Sad

poet1108
Banned

votes: 22

PostPosted: Wednesday, 05 May 2010, 12:44 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Kevin:

I so concur with Jan....Indeed, it is a question that only you can answer. My prayers continue to go up for you.

Hugs and blessings, KayD
Maggie

votes: 103
Currently Reading: "Snippets of Life" by Peggy Harwood

PostPosted: Wednesday, 05 May 2010, 14:10 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kevin,

Decisions are so difficult because we aren't sure how they'll turn out until later!!! I'm with Jan and Kay, pray about it and take some time to contemplate and read as well. Psalms and especially Proverbs are good. Another thing, if your advisers are very trustworthy and have nothing to gain except your best interests, I'd listen to what they think as well.

I'll say a prayer for you before I go to sleep tonight.

Peggy

Wordworx
Site Admin

votes: 83
Currently Reading: True Ghost Stories of Ireland

PostPosted: Wednesday, 05 May 2010, 16:53 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

The others have pretty much covered the main question, Kevin . . . and they are all correct.

The Biblical teaching is that whenever we are reviled, slandered, or are abused in general, that we should "... turn the other cheek." That's a simplistic principle, however what it actually means is that we should forgive our detractors and not take offense (or vengeance) against them. Nowhere in the Bible is it intimated that we are to repeatedly and needlessly expose ourselves to such hurtful actions.

This is even more true for a personal relationship with someone who's not a stranger. Abuse is the weapon of the vulgar.

A bee may sting a stately horse and cause it pain. However the former is but an insect, while the latter remains a magnificent creature. So be true to yourself, first and foremost, before you try to second-guess at taking another risky chance.

Sagebrush Philosopher Roy

Helen Herliana
Respected Advisor

votes: 16
Currently Reading: The Woman in White, by Wilkie Collins

PostPosted: Saturday, 08 May 2010, 2:20 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will answer the question, Kevin. It wasn't worth it. It isn't worth it and it will never be worth of it. Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home -> Forums -> Other Poetry -> Was It Worth It All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: